create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

10.25.2011

muse:apples in the office.

this is just a random piece that came to me while listening to one of my coworkers eat an apple at his desk.
“i come from the same place as those apples,” jerry says timidly, twisting his shoe into the tile floor. his coworker looks disinterestedly at him over his cubicle walls. 
“you mean you’re from a tree?”
jerry pouts.
“no, I mean I’m from the state where the apples are grown!”
his coworker continues chomping away.
“I’m from washington state, mark.”
“cool.”
mark finishes the apple, and then tosses it in the trash can. It lands with a thump and fills the office with the slight aroma of a finished fuji apple.

1 comment:

love it? hate it?