create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

1.13.2011

man, am i powerful.

i am realizing this power now as i go through all the comments everyone gave me.
everything was so useful, and unlike some people, there was a general consensus on what should be improved. (for those of you wanting more blatant announcement of what's going on, the answer is no.)

however, i must make one reply.
99% of you viewed the story through unbiased lenses--you separated me from the story. (by 99%, i mean all but one person.) for this i am thankful--just because it was i who wrote the story doesn't mean that it should affect whether you liked it or not. see this post for further details on that.
the remaining one person who shall remain disguised (if you care enough, that was your clue to guess who it was. go look at the blogroll here.) judged the story extremely harshly, saying that it was "bland, uninteresting, and just overall bad." said person does not like me (or pink, for that matter. he basically called her out on huge character insertion and also just being overall a lazy butt. how ironic.) and therefore chose not to like my story. said person is in the minority, as pretty much everyone liked it. so, a note to that person:
screw you. i don't care. since you're going to take such an antagonistic view on my story just because you don't like me, i'm not listening to anything you say. your comments are actually in the recycle bin already. in pieces. i can't believe that you did that--what a jerk! i gave you insightful and good comments. but that's just me being the bigger person. you lose.


yeah. the power is not going to my head, i promise. but seriously, i wanted to thank everyone for the time and effort you took in reading and reviewing my story--it was a fantastic way to start off the morning.

4 comments:

  1. Hey man, it can be a bit mean to hear unfavorable comments, but ultimately, those comments will help you the most. I got a bit pissed off too at some comments at my story, but I regret it now. In fact, remember when we read Cross' story? I totally hated on that but it wasn't because I hated Cross or something! Just know that no matter how good your story is, there's always going to be people who HATE it. It's obvious your story was great since everybody liked it, so don't take it to heart. Maybe it'll help you? Don't let it affect your emotions, writers have to develop thick skins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely. i'm angry about it, but it's really not that big of a deal--i'm not wasting any energy on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm sorry to hear about this, it must have been really disheartening to have a blatantly negative, even hateful comment sheet in your stack of wonderful words. Don't worry about it, just keep reading the ones that appreciate your story and give useful feedback. Your story was great!
    By the way, thanks for being my most loyal blog follower, you're awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    -Buddha

    ReplyDelete

love it? hate it?