create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

1.21.2011

organicity.

normally, i read through everyone's blog posts. normally, i enjoy doing this--it's fun to see what's going on in everyone's heads. organic flow is beautiful to read.
disclaimer: my opinion is in this post, so feel free to ignore it. i'm serious. please don't get angry at me, this is the way i view things. it's not the be-all end-all. you all have been awesome.
however... since the deadline yesterday, i have gotten nothing but a flood of posts on both my blogger and tumblr dashboards. all of them pertain to writing. i have been trying to steel myself into reading all of them, like i am so wont to do, but this time, i had no patience for it. sometimes the posts sounded forced, but other times the wisdom was all there.

i'm going to be truthful here: i disliked a lot of the posts. david's posts actually are very insightful, and so were many others. but... it kinda kills me here that not all of them were organic. sometimes, the posts seemed so forced--exactly the way the authors probably felt when trying to meet the 27 post quota. content wise, though, everything was beautiful. to me, it was just the fact that everything was so unnatural that bothered me. of course, in my now 170 blogpost history, not everything is about writing. most things are just my imagination wandering and spitting words out my fingers to write on the screen. but then, even that's organic.

i hope that it's just my misconception because of the huge stream of posts, but please, please don't ever make writing a chore. unless it's an essay. then it can be a chore.

2 comments:

  1. Blog organs! Get your black market blog organs here! Freshly typed and only lightly used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, are they organic organs wesley? And fascinatingly posted!

    ReplyDelete

love it? hate it?