create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

1.23.2011

pss:smile

a/n: sorry for being so inconsistent with the postsecret stories! some weeks it is just hard to find one that isn't too overly depressing and whatnot to write about. i can't really exactly write a story from the silly ones, although i promise i shall try. one day.
but in the meantime, enjoy the schmoop.


pss:
as i walk into the house and collapse rather ungracefully onto the leather couch, i reach for the cold, can of beer i know will be waiting for me on the table, courtesy of him. i take a swig, wipe my mouth unceremoniously, and close my eyes. he had probably left it there for me between my rush to leave the house for work and his not rush to leave the house for the writer's conference he was headed off to. i sighed, opening my eyes and switching on the television. the house was unnervingly quiet. and lonely. i had never felt so lonely before, especially since when he was home i was always dealing with his shenanigans. but as i think of all that he does, a smile slips across my face. i hope he smiles when he talks about me at the conference. he told me that our relationship was the motivation for his story. my face gets a little hot (though from the beer or the embarrassment i cannot tell) and i drift off into a daydream, letting weariness take over my body.

 * * * * *
the lights are off when i get home. unusual, especially since tory said that they'd be on for me. hmm. i push my way inside, and my voice echoes quietly off of the walls. i smile as i think about the ways i could surprise tory. maybe mention something about how my conference was. that always rewarded me with a grin. i hear a snore from the couch.

"tory?" i whisper. "i'm home."

"hullo," comes the response, the voice thick with inebriation. i giggle a bit, plopping down on the loveseat.

"i talked about you today."

tory laughs, and then hiccups.

"and what did you say? or do. or whatever. na na na na."

i'm silent for a bit before saying anything.

"i was talking about my story, and when i reached the part where i was talking about where the characters came from, i started talking about you and how..." i trail off. "and then i couldn't talk about it anymore because i was just smiling too much."

tory pulls me down for a kiss on my cheek.

"i missed you all day."

i feel myself pulled into a hug and move in closer towards the other heat source and smile.

"i missed you too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it?