create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

1.21.2011

istyle.

now, even after i've written my story, i'm not entirely sure what my style is.
people have said stuff like i write in a lot of emotion, body language, et cetera. really now? i'm not entirely sure that i do this all the time. and, i don't have a distinctive style. i think i sound like the average writer. nothing really sets me apart! (although some people have said that the words i choose help to really identify to the audience that it's me. my speech pattern must be unique or something.) most of my classmates have a distinctive writing style. for example, victor has a very distinct style that's uniquely him. it's straightforward, down-to-earth, and nothing is really too elaborate. erin has a very unique style as well--the moment you start to read the writing, you'd be able to tell that it was her. same with derek.

my style? gee, i have no idea. people have said that i have a unique way of saying things as they are, but i really don't know. i'd love to hear from y'all about what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it?