create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

1.20.2011

correlations between writing and energy levels.

so, it is actually not a linear relationship. or a power slash exponential one for that matter either. i think it's more inverse.
when my brain is all haywire and it's 2 o'clock in the morning then i write pretty well. of course, "the legs" was written okay-ly. wording could be better. "the longest recess" was also written rather early in the morning one weekend. i need to make some time to edit that thingit... otherwise it will never get done at all.

i don't think i'm scared of editing my story, either. i just need to find the motivation. it just seems such a daunting task that i don't have any motivation to start rewriting anything, even though i know that one of the revisions is extremely simple. and then another one is extremely long and hard (goodness, mind out of the gutter! or... that's maybe just me.) and i don't even want to try and rewrite the entire story just to rewrite the court case. bahhhhhh this is hard business, yo.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you're not alone. My story has a couple of those relatively minor edits that I, for some reason, haven't fixed yet.

    Then again, maybe I'm just too busy thinking about the major revisions for mine. In order for me to fix my short story I kinda need to break it, so I'm just sitting here like, "WHAT DOOOO"

    >_>

    ReplyDelete

love it? hate it?