create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

1.12.2011

muse:bookmark

muse:
the long, bamboo bookmark flashes through the air as i swivel it between my fingers, up and down. the old blue ribbon wrapped around the stick is slowly unraveling, its fibers sticking out at awkward angles with an uncannily high number of independent threads. the name of a country is painted onto the wood, the memory of a journey imbued in the foreign wood. i drop the bookmark back into the crease of the book i'm reading and let the nostalgic bamboo stick take me back into its past, its story. the lights around me continue to glow softly as i let myself slip into a deep slumber, punctuated by the glimpses of a life past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it?