create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

1.31.2011

culture references.

really, i know music so well. and by music, i mean pop music. i'm sure if you say any cliche phrase or whatever, you'll cue some song running through my head.
for instance, i saw genrewhiplash's most recent post which included the words "drop everything." this prompts "sparks fly" by taylor swift running through my head. prime me with some other phrase like by the water (which prompts mine), mine (which also prompts mine), speak now (which prompts speak now), between the lines (which starts between the lines by sara bareilles)... the list goes on pretty much forever. music is just pulsing through my head forever, it can kinda suck sometimes.

i wish i was that fluent in literature references. make a ref to any sort of cultural writing whatsoever and i'll miss it. maybe... if i'm supposed to get better at this writing thing, i should immerse myself in writing just like i do in music. maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it?