create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

1.12.2011

muse:the things he carries.

wow, i haven't done one of these in a while. do i even have any muses for the new year?

muse:
he holds himself well, walks fast, thinks faster, speaks wittily, laughs loud. it's fun to try and keep up with him, to be the ground beneath his feet because it's an easy task. he knows exactly where he's going, knows exactly what's happening, and steps confidently. it's rewarding. but switch roles. i hold myself okay, i walk slowly, think slightly faster, speak clumsily, and laugh obnoxiously loud. it'd hard to keep up with me. sometimes, i'll bolt up and away, into the sky, thinking that this time, just this once my waxen wings will hold me. of course, it's once i'm plummeting to earth that he catches me with strong, reassuring arms and everything is fine once again. i never thought my heart would ever be one of the things that he carries, but now it is. it's a heavy burden, but it's okay--'cuz i'm holding his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it?