create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

9.15.2010

muse:gravity

oh, life. ): inspired by gravity by sara bareilles.

muse:
you've been on my mind for awhile now.
you've been there since the beginning of last year. with your serious demeanor and childish heart, just making-or-breaking my day, depending on how much you pay attention to me. i never really expected to be distanced so far, though. i've been burned enough--so why do i keep coming back so close?

please, let me go. let go of me (though you hold me with nothing, no words, no chains, nothing), let my heart free. but maybe, maybe that's what you're telling me without any words, without anything. just that stoic, silent face. maybe that's what you're saying.

but how can i? i've dug myself so deep into this hole--and your name is written on the walls. i can't bear to think of life without you--even though you refuse to be a part of mine. i sit down here, and i call your name. i think you hear, but you never respond. maybe that's you saying, "leave me be. i love you enough to let you find someone better. please, please."

but i can't ever find my way out--i've fallen in headfirst. so i'm lying here, dazed, heartbroken, and just missing you. and, as if you can sense that i'm trying to get your attention like a little kid, you ignore me. it crushes me, and you refuse to hear my cries. but to me, you're neither friend nor foe--i just can't seem to let you go. you've been the only thing on my mind--you push away everything else. you write your name, claim your space--yes, the entire space--and walk right out. you leave me quiet, broken, and seeking you--your gravity is just too strong.

2 comments:

love it? hate it?