create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

2.15.2011

trust, ethos, the whole shabang.

so, the reader trusts that the author actually knows what they're doing.
really, trust is completely important. it takes such a long time to establish but can come crashing down in a heartbeat. it only takes a couple words for someone's ethos to completely disintegrate and dissolve into nothingness.

trust and communication are essential parts of functional relationships. without one or both of them, you're doomed. 

so...

i'm sorry for not trusting you. i really wish i did. i wish i could trust people. but i don't. i can't take things people say at face value, even if they say it completely sincerely. i should trust you. but i'm too scared of the end to entrust you with any part of me, even though you trust me with everything. 

i'm sorry i'm not up to snuff. and sorry for not trusting you.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like a total jackass for saying this, but for some people (read: HI THERE), you have to know to not trust what they're communicating in order to know what they're communicating so you can trust them. I'm pretty sure that's not relevant at all to what you were saying, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

    ReplyDelete

love it? hate it?