create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

11.04.2010

pss:please let me have what i want.

the picture for the pss.

pss:
germaine had dreamed since childhood of being an emt. the thought of being the lifeline for someone inside an ambulance just captivated him, and he couldn't wait to start helping the sick. as soon as he walked out of the training academy, he called up his local emt to see if there were any openings available. "of course," they had said, and immediately put him on graveyard shift.

germaine had dreamed since childhood of being an emt. but that was then. now he pulls himself out of bed, wipes away silent tears, dons a stony stoic face, and departs from his house. his short drive to the emt base is empty and quiet. as he boards the ambulance, he wonders exactly how many crying faces that he'll see tonight, begging him to let them die.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this piece, it's my favorite, favorite.
    I loved how you repeated the first line and how the two paragraphs contrasted between the past and the present.
    And now I am worried because I was planning on becoming an EMT.

    ReplyDelete

love it? hate it?