create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

11.07.2010

reflection on how it's kinda like the movies.

was just listening to katy perry's not like the movies and just thinking.
the line, "it's a crazy idea that you were made perfectly for me, you'll see." it just struck me really hard.

some people seem to have it going for them in terms of relationships. you've all heard of the "fairytale" ending--boy meets girl in high school, they keep in touch all through college and end up marrying each other. cute, right? but... how often does it happen? it doesn't. my youth group counselor is a good example of the rare case--he found his wife his senior year in high school. my own father is kinduva good example as well--the first woman that he dated (my mother) was the person he married.

there are also just some people that i see around me that fit that enchanted life. i can't mention their names, but they've been together since the end of freshman year. i really admire that, and that's... what i want. of course, i have no idea when i'm going to meet Her, but that's really up to God. and a lot of the time, it's hard for me to focus on The Bigger Picture and i try to find someone in the given pool of people that i know at the moment--but really, that's not what i should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it?