create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

12.09.2010

brainbroth, i finally get it! and writing.

first order of business--
i finally understand your name, brainbroth! so many ideas have been bouncing around in my head lately, just begging to be written about. i do not usually carry around loose paper with me, and i rely too much on my self-proclaimed "good memory" and the ideas fade. whenever i open the "new post" window, i find myself struggling a bit on what to say because i know that i had a good idea up there and now it's just gone. ): the soup of my ideas needs to be captured at some point and recorded so i can write down something! i haven't done a muse in a while, and sorry, i don't have one on hand at the moment.

second order of business. writing.
as y'all probably know, the short story i'm writing for class is finished. not completely finished (because i do need to make sure that i end the workshop with a bang), but completely written. it is currently in its third draft... and i'm struggling trying to find the correct words and ways to phrase things. should i put this in? does this really need to be here? what's going on here, is it really necessary? and of course, sometimes, i just wonder about why i'm starting so early because everyone else seemed to have done a last minute job and come up with pretty fantastic stories (see starsandthemoon and dwgt). and maybe, just maybe it's me being egotistical about being put as the last person (and therefore putting upon myself the pressure of being the best story) and having to blow err'one out of the water, but... i don't know. the story is progressing really nicely, though. so you all have a really great story to look forward to on the last day of workshop... hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. WAIT I DIDNT WAIT TIL THE LAST MINUTE
    I didn't finish a month and a half in advance either, but I did take my time with it and let it work itself out in my mind
    Though I do appreciate the compliment

    ReplyDelete

love it? hate it?