create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

12.14.2010

peppermint winter~

thanks to my cousin andy who is just amazing and all sorts of awesome and i love him a ton for my music for tonight and also putting up with my weirdness and just everything.

a poem inspired by peppermint winter, owl city's newest single. listen to it--it's beautiful.

snowflakes swirl through the silvery air
some landing on my eyelashes, others in my hair
i can't believe it's winter already--the seasons are flying by.
in about half a year, i'll be on a journey away from here
and away from you.
though we've had our ups and downs (and mostly downs)
i'll miss you.
so i'm looking back up towards the sky
blinking out the snowflakes
and wishing on this wintry night that
at least we'll have some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it?