create.

a warm welcome to the blog. here is where you can follow my thoughts and musings on the craft of creating a world from words. through the muses and stories, i hope that you'll be able to learn a little more about me. feel free to leave comments on the blog telling me what to improve, or what you liked. happy reading!

12.22.2010

muse:back to december.

"so if the chain is on your door, i'll understand... but this is me standing in front of you swallowing my pride sayin' i'm sorry for that night."



muse:
i've sent you letters, and you've never responded. not that i expected you to. i've left you countless messages, and you've never responded. not that i expected you to. so what am i doing standing here?

i'm standing at your door, on the small blue entrance porch. the small electric lantern hanging from the porch ceiling is swaying in rhythm with the december wind. i wrap my jacket tighter around my body and knock at the door once again. but this time as the foyer echoes my acoustic pleas, i hear a metallic jangle. the chain is up now, so there's no going in or out. i swallow dryly before i start talking.

"tavi? tavi, listen, i just wanted to say... that i'm sorry."

i see the curtains shift out of the corner of my eye. i stare down at the porch, squeezing my eyes shut.

"i'm sorry for what i did to you last year."

my hands clench into fists as i try to keep myself from crying.

"i'm sorry for pushing you away, for hurting you so much, i'm sorry."

the wind whistling is my only reply. i pull a letter out of my coat pocket and slide it underneath the door.

"i hope you read the letter... it would really mean a lot to me."

i turn around and softly pad off the porch and to my car. as i turn the key, i see a small plume of smoke rising from the chimney--and i'm sure i saw the tendrils spell words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love it? hate it?